Join our business community

Vultures

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vultures, 5th Nov, 2016.

1. vultures

vultures Member

Hi all,

Another ex-Somersofter and fellow Property Chatter :)

Great to see a forum dedicated to business, thanks Simon for getting this going.

I've been on maternity leave from a FIFO job for the last two years and just recently I resigned and started a new online bed linen biz which allows me to stay home with the kids and not have to fly away constantly. We'll see how it goes, there's so much to learn... Been very sleep deprived lately with all the late nights, but that's the best time to work without interruptions.

Looking forward to some great discussions!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3. vultures

vultures Member

Thanks @Simon Hampel I love that we have a place to chat business now, kudos for starting it.

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Active Member

That must mean you are not fully enjoying the use of the sheets you sell!

vultures likes this.
  5. Blacky

Blacky Member

Accountants are always the last ones to do their taxes
    Doctors almost never go to the doctors
    same as dentists
    Why should a sheet retailer be any different ??o_O:p:D

Blacky

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Member

true. lawyers almost never do their own Wills. hehe

@vultures what made you want to sell bed linen online? Isn't it quite competitive? I understand you design locally. It's not clear if they are manufactured locally. Do tell. Pretty inspiring stuff.

7. Blacky

Blacky Member

Mrs Blacky lashed out and bought a couple of sets of bamboo sheets a while back. I cursed her initially for the expense...

but oh my... sooo good!

Blacky

8. vultures

vultures Member

haha oh the irony eh?

I do actually sleep on them... when I eventually get to bed!

What made me want to sell bed linen online? A case of temporary insanity? No (ok maybe just a little). I had to find something to do so I didn't have to do FIFO any more. I happened to be looking for sheets and hated the typical shopping experience - standing in front of a wall of bed linen, all different prices, no idea as to quality, or the reasons for the difference in price, and half the things looked like a 4 year old art project. I didn't feel like spending half my day at the department store, so I figured there must be some people out there who feel the same. Most of the online bedding stores were the same, just in an online version. I wanted simple, good quality, and easy to choose, small but GOOD selection. So that's how it happened. And good quality meant not made in China, so mine are made in Israel. No sweat shop labour or nasty chemicals :)

Good sheets are totally worth it! My personal preference is not for bamboo (I find it too silky and don't like my sheets to drape too closely) but each to their own :)

Blacky likes this.