How's 2017 Started for You?

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by RPI, 26th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Me
    Conveyancing practice was quieter than expected until Monday 16 Jan - then we had biggest day ever and also above growth trend - that has continued.

Commercial law - always slow in Jan but stronger than expected

Property law - always slow in Jan and on track

Family law - lots of people calling in, lots of people calling and wanting free advice though, this division is newer and we weren't advertising this time last year

Planning law - crazy busy start to the year, council staff seem to get back to work and all those planning applications they were going to reject last year but never got around to doing the paperwork has been. Appeals are going crazy

Wills & Estates - new wills were very busy from 16 Jan - maybe new years resolutions to organise themselves?

Town Planning Practice - slowest start for lodgements for DA's for several years. Lots of assessments but less actually pulling the trigger.

WHAT ABOUT YOU
    How's your year started and where are you headed?

2. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

I have also had an excellent start to the new year. I took delivery of a full 40' container of stock for my online biz on Jan 18. Sales have been crazy ever since. :). Next 40'er will arrive mid year :)

3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Awesome

4. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Frantic

We closed over christmas and back Jan 9 - so I tried to delay work where possible over xmas to Jan 9. New business has been great, stronger than this time last year and people continue to buy property and look for loans.

I have been pretty aggressive with my budgeting this year so we spent the first few days understanding the revenue flow and budgeting for the year.

Personally, I feel in control, for a business with so much change and regulation, its hard to feel in control, but finally I am.

I look forward to building more "succession" in all areas of my business without having to increase the team too much.

All the best to fellow business owners for an awesome 2017

Cheers Ivan

5. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Crazy busy, as usual.
    Took the first 2 weeks of resuming this year working absolutely flat out just to despatch the back load of orders during our 2 week break, as well as the new orders coming through.
    Too busy all the time.
    Keep adding staff, but can't keep up with the demand.