Join our business community

Best burgers in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Simon Hampel, 30th Aug, 2016.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I have a thing for burgers - love a good burger for lunch.

My local fish and chip shop in Artarmon makes a good simple traditional burger that is very tasty and relatively cheap (compared to the more fancy burgers everyone sells these days).

The burgers at Flame & Oven (previously known as Spit Roast) in Artarmon are very tasty - but quite a bit more expensive.

I'm always up for trying new burgers - where are the best?

Oh, I also make my own burgers - I quite like the Woolworths Wagyu Beef Burger, nice and juicy, served with melted tasty cheese on top, egg, caramelised onion (I use a teaspoon of steak sauce to caramelise), shortcut bacon and some fresh tomato on the base - served on low carb toast spread with butter.

S6_2016-06-23 13.17.12.jpg

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

For reference, here is the burger I got for lunch today from the Artarmon Fish & Chip shop:

He wraps them nicely so they don't fall apart when you're eating them.

2016-08-30 12.23.35.jpg

Nothing fancy - just good flavour, plenty of lettuce and tomato, nice bacon, onion, egg, pineapple.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. d.t.

d.t. Member

Burgers at home are the best - we buy lamb burgers from Adelaide Central Markets and fresh rolls from another stall there. Add aioli, bacon, egg, tomato, sauce, etc. Yum.

4. Teetotal

Teetotal Member

You said Sydney, otherwise if you are on your way to south coast and willing to have a stop at Coledale Beach. Go the bistro at the local RSL - they have amazing burgers.