Anyone used Speedlancer?

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Simon Hampel, 5th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I came across a site called Speedlancer - basically they have a list of pre-defined small tasks (eg design social media graphics; pdf to word/excel transcription; 600 word blog post; business card design; etc) which have a pre-defined price.

You can also create customised tasks and they have "bundles" for more complex tasks which include multiple sub-tasks - for example "infographic research + design".

Anyone used them?

2. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

3. Simon Hampel

upload_2017-4-19_11-24-37.png

How does Trustpilot come up with its ratings?

With 1 review of 1 star, they make an average of 6.1? How does that work?

The review does make it sound like they are paying bottom dollar for their work.

4. Taso Katsionis

Taso Katsionis Member

There are many sites offering freelance services for the ad-hoc jobs, but a local may have a better understanding of the Australian markets and tastes.

You can always start a relationship with a local designer, and if it becomes a long-term relationship you will get better prices and better service.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Let me guess. Its the new website for people who want to pay someone nothing to do something for them...

If I had $1 for every idiot who wants to sell accounting services "CHEAPLY"I would be a millionaire but using these clown wont make me a cent. If you want cheap accounting services I will welcome your call. I will refer you to a competitor.

6. Simon Hampel

I agree that you should never skimp on professional services - however there are lots of "non-professional" services out there relating to small tasks that people need done. I think this is where sites like this find their niche.

Basic graphics design, transcription services, data entry, etc.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

But who are you engaging and how good are they ? I can engage a contract service to do tax and it can cost $25 a hour. I dont want to use "Carrymuncher Ltd". Cheapest is not best. That said some things are capable of cost differentiation but I still question a race to the bottom.

8. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

not always !
    Organisations have the ability to optimise its processes and become cost effective over time. They then have the option to increase profit or reduce price. Most will increase profits but some reduce price too. And those who reduce price will be the ones offering it cheaper. ;)