Join our business community

Any suggestions for a tablet pos for cafe?

Discussion in 'Business Technology' started by Bonkers, 30th Oct, 2017.

1. Bonkers

Bonkers New Member

Hi all,
    I'm about to start my cafe soon (2 months) and was wondering if I can get some help from this community regarding point of sale systems.
    What I would need:
    • a mobile/tablet based pos hardware
    • integration with accounting softwares such as MYOB, xero etc.
    • features such as table and inventory management. staff timesheet, loyalty/rewards feature is a plus!
    • customer support since I'm not technologically advance
    • not too expensive
    Cheers!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I don't know about the cost side of things - but I'm seeing a lot of cafes and shops using the new Commonwealth Bank payment terminals. From a customer perspective, they seem to work really well.

I was at a bakery on the south coast yesterday which claimed to be the "first cashless bakery in Australia", and they were relying on the Commonwealth Bank terminals for everything, including taking your order!

I've not used one from a business perspective, so I can't comment on any good/bad sides to them.

3. Bonkers

Bonkers New Member

Hi Simon,
    Yes they look nice but we have never used it. My requirements are quite for the business side things of a restaurant. I have heard of POS softwares that can drill down to detail stuff like amount of spinach and chilli powder used per dish etc. My business is not quite there yet but would like to explore that level of inventory management.

Would love if someone could share their experience with Commonwealth Bank POS!

Thanks!