Join our business community
  1. In the next few days, BusinessChat will be merging with one of our other sites, PropertyChat. The community there is much larger and more vibrant and there's plenty of scope for business discussion as well.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon

Discussion in 'General Business Chat' started by Hwangers, 28th Jun, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hwangers

Hwangers New Member

Hi all - keen to hear if anyone has started/running an Amazon or other e-commerce business? How easy was it to set up, how easy/hard is it to maintain, what are the margins like etc.

feel free to go into specifics! but understandable if you talk in generics - much appreciated :)

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I've not heard of anyone running an Amazon based business from Australia - I've not looked into it to see what the limitations are from the perspective of being Australian based.

I do recall seeing several books out there promoting selling on Amazon as a strategy.

It will be interesting to see whether Amazon opening up in Australia introduces some new opportunities locally.

3. Hwangers

Hwangers New Member

thanks for the reply Simon - could be a decent side business, am researching further on it

4. Srini Ranganathan

Srini Ranganathan Active Member

Hi there, I've been reading and researching and have found a lot of people doing this from Australia.

There's a closed Facebook page called Amazon Sellers Australia where you can request membership. The community seems very helpful. I also attended a webinar from a training company called reliable education run by a guy that's been there and done that. I found it useful too.

I was looking intro this to prepare for Amazon entering Australia.

Hope this helps and all the best.