Adwords v Bing v Facebook etc

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by RPI, 4th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Hi All
    We run fairly substantial adwords campaigns. Started off small and have grown and grown to the point I spend more a month on adwords then what my monthly turnover was in the early days.

It is easy to waste money and a good adwords manager will save more than they cost you (mine costs $1600 a month) but when you get it right it pays dividends. It is also so easy to track.

I have never tried bing or facebook or linked in ads. Be very interested to hear what others have done.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I've been hearing good things about Facebook advertising - specifically because you can be very very targeted to your ideal demographic because Facebook knows so much about the individuals.

However, I've not ever used it myself, so I'm only basing that comment on 3rd party anecdotes.

Of course, if your product or service is such that there isn't a specific demographic who is more likely to buy your services (eg compared to women's shoes or other products like that), then there might not be such a benefit from that targeting.

3. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

Adwords is increasingly becoming a complex and expensive science to execute in competitive markets. Not recommended for the average business owner to try to successfully manage and achieve excellent ROI by themselves. Best to engage a professional on your behalf to manage for you, and start with trial campaign to see if it can work for your business.

I haven't delved into Facebook. however I would have throught it is more suited to consumer marketing rather than B2B?

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Yes, the people I've heard doing well with Facebook advertising were doing B2C

5. Envious Solutions

Envious Solutions New Member

Hi All

I agree that Facebook works well for B2C but it also works well for B2B if you utilise a number of strategies. I manage Facebook pages for a variety of businesses and find although more work needs to go into B2B businesses, it is possible.

Simon Hampel likes this.
  6. Justin Laju

Justin Laju New Member

Facebook is a phenomenal B2B platform for generating leads, but you really need to know what B2B industries it works for, and how to construct very effective copywriting and lead capture funnels.

There is no doubt that B2C lends itself far more to success on Facebook, but the key difference just comes down to spend when you have the right industries.

Consumer products that have a religious or political orientation, along with pop-cultural appeal - will excel beyond the rest - as Facebook is one big social referral centre, and those social binding and excitable currents tend to pull a lot of sharing and social energy along with them.

That said, for B2B industries that have broad social appeal, deep emotional appeal, and or large cost per item profiles also present a phenomenal opportunity for success on Facebook. But, you still need to be a lead generation Ninja to make it work, and you need to constantly renew yourself to be in the game.

We used to make leads for anyone that wanted them, and now we only run Facebook leads in B2B verticals that work - but mostly B2C facing businesses.

The best results for B2B Facebook leads are to be found in B2B Accounting Leads, B2B Tax Return Leads, Business Loan Leads, Commercial Finance Leads, and Business Broker Leads like Business Sales Leads, and Business Buyer Leads. These B2B industries have a higher cost per item profile, and still broad appeal. Success comes down to having a very large target market population - and keeping it to dense regions like capital cities.

That said it is still very tough to make it work - and without self-promoting too hard here - I would really suggest getting your B2B Facebook Leads made for you. Its one thing to think of saving money by running your own Facebook Ads - it is self-serve. But the pros will keep the leads coming batch after batch and you can focus on what you do best and sell.

It is true also, that if your B2B target audience is specific and large enough - than there is broadly speaking scope for you to find success in B2B Facebook. The 3rd party data mapping that we use on Facebook targeting means we can reach out to the right people, at the right time, with the right offer. Unless we get into the heads and know your audience then we don't know who to target...

7. Paul Beaupark

Paul Beaupark New Member

Good morning

Justin, your advice is fantastic. Can you direct us to a list of B2B industries that is known to be effective with generating leads on Facebook. Also you said " Success comes down to having a very large target market population" . Do you know the average lead generated rate per Facebook ad click? The old pamphlet ratio was for very 100 pamphlets 2 leads would be generated.