Amazon

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Hwangers, 28th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

Hi all - keen to hear if anyone has started/running an Amazon or other e-commerce business? How easy was it to set up, how easy/hard is it to maintain, what are the margins like etc.

feel free to go into specifics! but understandable if you talk in generics - much appreciated :)

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I've not heard of anyone running an Amazon based business from Australia - I've not looked into it to see what the limitations are from the perspective of being Australian based.

I do recall seeing several books out there promoting selling on Amazon as a strategy.

It will be interesting to see whether Amazon opening up in Australia introduces some new opportunities locally.

3. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

thanks for the reply Simon - could be a decent side business, am researching further on it

4. Srini Ranganathan

Srini Ranganathan Active Member

Hi there, I've been reading and researching and have found a lot of people doing this from Australia.

There's a closed Facebook page called Amazon Sellers Australia where you can request membership. The community seems very helpful. I also attended a webinar from a training company called reliable education run by a guy that's been there and done that. I found it useful too.

I was looking intro this to prepare for Amazon entering Australia.

Hope this helps and all the best.